Home and Property Owner Frequently Asked Questions

Back to FAQS

Q: When I go to sell my house what do I need to tell a buyer?

A: Disclose everything you know that is a deficient item and any repairs you have made.

Back to Top

Q: When I sell my house do I have to repair everything on the buyer’s inspection report?

A: No. You should allow the buyers to decide what they want to negotiate with you to have repaired. Their desires may vary from what you would want to have repaired.

Back to Top

Q: What kind of electrical hazards are present in a home?

A: Look for any breakers that trip, signs of burnt or smoked cover plates on receptacles and switches. Do dimmer switches overheat? Do you smell a burning odor? Do lights flicker on and off? Any unusual smell or sense observed, you should call an electrician to review further.

Back to Top

Q: What do I need to know about clothes dryer safety?

A: Clothes dryer vents can be hazardous. These vents should be cleaned regularly to prevent fires. If you dryer takes longer than usual to dry a load of clothes, you need to have the vent pipes cleaned.

Back to Top

Q: What is the essential difference between home construction and home inspection as distinct professional practices?

A: Home construction is the actual building process for the property. Home inspection is having the home inspected in accordance to the TREC standard of practice, which is a very long and multiple item or system inspection process.

Back to Top